Short Term Programmes
1. Will be picked-up from Train or Bus station (If you wish to be picked up from the Bengaluru International Airport an additional 50usd will be charged)
2. Orientation of the Host Project and or Family
3. Introduction to Bengaluru City
4. One Night Stay in Bengaluru
5. 2nd Day you will be sent/taken to your project
6. On arrival at project introduction and briefing with do's and don'ts
Short-term program -
The focus of IVT-India, is in the area of promoting intercultural education and cross culture learning through international volunteer work. The program has been thoughtfully designed to cater to the requirements of the participants of today. Thus, IVT-India is in a position to offer short-term programs for One, Two & Three months duration and up to Five / Six months.
Our programs would begin with a Orientation in Bengaluru, the headquarters of IVT-India. The purpose of the Introduction procedure is to introduce you to Indian Culture, lifestyle, food, regional language in the place/project you will be placed, other important information like do's and don'ts and any other information you require.
We will also give you practical inputs on how to get along during your stay in India and in your projects and hosting situations.
After the orientation you will be placed in the project. All the projects chosen for the participants will be mostly in South India. The duration of your stay in the project & the volunteer work you are involved in, will be for a period of 80% of your stay in India.
After this you can travel and explore other parts of India, to experience different lifestyles, art, culture, visit historical places, taste different Indian cuisine and get the feel of what real India has to offer you.
During your project work you can make short visits in consultation with your project and IVT-India during weekends and on official holidays...
Some of the projects that you could be involved in are as follows:
1. Centre for Destitute Children /Orphanages.
2. School for ordinary children from disadvantaged sections of the society.
3. Home for the HIV infected Children & victims of commercial sex workers.
4. Working with the Visually Impaired children /adults
5. Centre for the mentally challenged children & adults.
6. Working with the physically Challenged.
7. Working with Spastics.
8. Medicare & paramedical support. Centers
9. Organic farming and sustainable development.
Note: You will also have the possibilities to pursue varied activities and interests like Yoga, Music, Dance, arts, English - Language enhancement, computers etc. The fees vary and the participant has to bear the expenses.
Age above 18yrs to 30yrs, However, we are flexible with the age limit depending on the participant. The participant should be open minded, flexible, adaptable and should have a Non Judgmental attitude to situations. Basic knowledge of English will be an advantage.
Registration Fees: 150 US Dollars
Effective from 1st December 2011
(All fees in US Dollars)
1st week : US $ 180
Internship Fee: US $150 per month + the programme participation fee
The participation fees mentioned above does not include your international travel costs to India, Insurance, Medical expenses and expenses during your travel around India or other personal expenses.
for Short Term Application Click Here
Please feel free to contact us / write to us if you need any clarifications at firstname.lastname@example.org